Position: Design Engineer Technician
Department: Technical Services
Applications will be accepted at our Elkin location.
Please call 336-526-2690 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Responsible for working with the Engineering department, duties to include:
a) New project design.
b) Operating and maintenance processes and standards.
c) Administering the Company’s overall compliance program within federal, state, and local regulations and jurisdictions.
d) Provides a safe and efficient workplace for employees and maintains a safe and reliable pipeline system for customers and the general public.
This position’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- New Construction Project Design and Surveying
- Assist with design, plans, specifications, reports, maps, schedules, estimates, data collection, NC811 locates and documents and agreements as needed
- Provide quality control by reviewing completed work to ensure compliance with quality standards
- Communicate consistently with the construction/operations manager, client, and contractor
- Read and interpret construction plans to assist with client management and effectively communicate to answer inquiries from coworkers, clients, or the public
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be able to operate motorized vehicles
- Assist the performance and operational integrity of the Company’s distribution and transmission systems.
- Assist Scheduling to the utilization of all resources – people, equipment, and materials necessary to ensure safe reliable service.
- Assist long-term pipeline system integrity by implementing cost-effective construction, operations, and maintenance practices in the field and supporting office organizations.
- Assist in maintains awareness of all aspects of pipeline system performance including pressures, capacities, damages, failures, and component performance trends.
- Assist the acquisition of permits and rights-of-way necessary for the installation and maintenance of the pipeline system.
High school graduate or Associate Degree equivalent, vocational school, some college and/or degree in Electronics/Electrical Technology preferred.
- 3-5 years of related experience, with oil and gas operations a plus.
- Ability to learn multiple software packages to pull electronic data for comparison and analysis.
- Candidate must be self-motivated, able to work with minimal supervision, and be proactive with asking questions for understanding and clarification.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be open to dynamic, changing, and shifting priorities with the ability to multi-task when required in a sustained fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a variety of personalities in both field and office settings.
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment with a high level of accuracy.
Working knowledge of pipeline operations, regulatory requirements, cost and workforce planning, human resources management, and community relations.
Working knowledge of pipeline design, engineering and performance standards, pipeline construction methods and procedures, emergency response coordination, materials management, and system protection principals.
Conceptual thinking and tactical problem solving are required to manage the diverse responsibilities of this position.
Excellent understanding of customer needs and the skills and knowledge to deliver high-value services.
Work requires some field locations where it is necessary to wear appropriate safety equipment. The work environment involves exposure to extreme weather conditions, hazardous explosive fumes, poisonous gasses, toxic chemicals, high-frequency noises, high-pressure equipment, and moving machinery. Work involves climbing up and down ladders and steep stairways. Part of the time is spent driving to work sites that can be located in isolated areas. This work environment requires the use of hard hats, hard-toe boots, safety glasses, ear protection equipment, and cold weather gear.
Safety Sensitive Job
This is considered a safety-sensitive job and, as such is subject to random drug testing as required by the U.S. Department of Transportation (D.O.T.) This job description is not a contract nor implied to be all-inclusive. As a result, duties may change from time to time. This description should be reviewed at least annually to ensure most duties are appropriately stated. The employee’s signature acknowledges receipt of this description.